Would Teeth Whitening Work for Me?
Discover whether this powerful whitening system could finally brighten your dulling smile.
Are sick and tired of noticing yellow stains on your teeth whenever you smile? Do you want to feel confident talking and smiling around others without fearing that all they see is yellow, dull teeth? Of course, you could try over-the-counter remedies that may or may not actually make much of a difference or you could turn to our Overland Park, KS dentist, Dr. Michelle Deutch, for professional in-office whitening. Find out more about this cosmetic procedure and whether it could brighten your smile.
What causes teeth to yellow?
Yes, yellowing of teeth is a natural part of aging. This is due to the fact that as we get older the dentin, the inner part of the tooth just past the enamel, darkens over time. Since enamel often thins as we get older, this means that the darker dentin layer is more easily visible. Besides aging, dental stains can also be caused by,
- Direct trauma to a tooth
- Too much fluoride usage
- Consuming certain foods and drinks that are known to cause stains
- Taking antibiotics for long periods of time before 10 years old
- Smoking cigarettes or using other tobacco products
Can teeth whitening help me?
The whitening system that our Overland cosmetic dentist offers is stronger than any whitening products you’ll ever find. This system has been known to whiten smiles by several shades in less than one hour; however, even our amazing whitening system won’t be able to tackle all issues. If you want professional in-office teeth whitening (or even our at-home system) here are some things to consider:
- You need to have dental stains that are external (caused by food, drink, aging or smoking) rather than internal
- You shouldn’t have any dental work (e.g. fillings, crowns, etc.) unless you are okay with the fact that whitening will not be able to whiten these restorations
- You are dedicated to keeping your smile healthy and clean and you will come in every six months for routine cleanings to keep your smile looking its best. You’ll also avoid certain foods and drinks that may restain your teeth
- You don’t suffer from tooth sensitivity or you have talked to us about ways to combat this issue before getting teeth whitening treatment in Overland, KS
If teeth whitening sounds like the right option for you, then it’s time you called our Overland, KS dental office to schedule a consultation!